Canadian Dairy Commission: Funding for Business
This guide for business owners covers current Canadian Dairy Commission funding programs, including non-repayable contributions and in-kind support for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for Canadian Dairy Commission funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
Canadian Dairy Commission Mandate
The mandate of the Canadian Dairy Commission is to provide:
- Efficient producers of milk and cream with the opportunity to obtain a fair return for their labour and investment.
- Consumers of dairy products with a continuous and adequate supply of dairy products of high quality.
To carry out its mandate, the Commission plays seven roles:
- Support for the dairy industry, by chairing the Canadian Milk Supply Management Committee;
- Administrator, by managing revenue pooling and market sharing;
- Market analyst, by calculating the national dairy production target and setting support prices for butter and skim milk powder;
- Import and export manager, including the purchase, storage, processing and sale of dairy products in domestic and international markets;
- Regulator, by administering programs for the benefit of Canada’s dairy industry;
- Auditor, by conducting external and internal audits of programs; and
- Leader, by guiding and defining best practices in Canada’s dairy sector.
The Commission strives to balance and serve the interests of all dairy industry representatives: producers, processors, further processors, exporters, consumers and all levels of government.
Canadian Dairy Commission Priorities
You can learn about the Commission’s priorities by reading its Corporate Plan Summary For 2021 – 2022 to 2025 – 2026.
Types of Funding Canadian Dairy Commission Offers
The Canadian Dairy Commission offers non-repayable contributions and in-kind support programs.
Canadian Dairy Commission Funding Programs
Below is the link to the Commission’s specific program:
The Canadian Dairy Commission also provides in-kind support programs for dairy product manufacturers and food processors, including:
Canadian Dairy Commission Contact
Canadian Dairy Commission
960 Carling Avenue
Central Experimental Farm, Building 55
Ottawa ON K1A 0Z2
Toll-free : 1-866-366-0676
Tel : 343-550-8020