This guide for business owners covers current Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) funding programs, including wage subsidies and other types of financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for Employment and Social Development Canada funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
Employment and Social Development Canada Mandate
The mission of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), including the Labour Program and Service Canada, is to build a stronger and more inclusive Canada, to support Canadians in helping them live productive and rewarding lives and improving Canadians’ quality of life.
ESDC delivers programs and services to each and every Canadian throughout their lives in a significant capacity. ESDC fulfills its mission by:
- Developing policies that ensure Canadians can use their talents, skills and resources to participate in learning, work and their community;
- Delivering programs that help Canadians move through life’s transitions, from school to work, from one job to another, from unemployment to employment, from the workforce to retirement;
- Providing income support to seniors, families with children and those unemployed due to job loss, illness or caregiving responsibilities;
- Helping Canadians with distinct needs such as Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, homeless people, travelers and recent immigrants;
- Ensuring labour relations stability by providing mediation services;
- Promoting a fair and healthy workplace by enforcing minimum working conditions, promoting decent work and employment equity, and fostering respect for international labour standards; and
- Delivering programs and services on behalf of other departments and agencies.
Employment and Social Development Canada Funding Programs
Below are links to ESDC’s specific programs:
- Information and Communication Technology Council
- Canadian Council for Aviation and Aerospace
- ECO Canada
- Biotalent Canada
- Electricity Human Resources Canada
- Mining Industry Human Resources Council
- Venture for Canada
- Magnet Student Work Placement Program
- Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Tourism HR Canada
- Cultural Human Resources Council
- Trucking HR Canada
- Canadian Agricultural Human Resources Council
- Food Processing Skills Canada
- Canadian Media Producers Association
Employment and Social Development Canada Contact
ESDC is committed to improving services for Canadians by working with partners to provide a single point of access to the full range of government services and benefits that Canadians want and need.
Click here for the complete list of Employment and Social Development Canada contact details.