This guide for business owners covers current Global Affairs Canada funding programs, including contributions, grants, and other types of financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for Global Affairs Canada funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
Global Affairs Canada Mandate
Global Affairs Canada, under the leadership of the Minister of Foreign Affairs; the Minister of International Trade, Export Promotion, Small Business and Economic Development; and the Minister of International Development; is responsible for advancing Canada’s international relations, including:
- Developing and implementing foreign policy;
- Fostering the development of international law, international trade and commerce;
- Providing international assistance (encompassing humanitarian, development, and peace and security);
- Ensuring Canada’s strong and sustained engagement in La Francophonie’s institutions;
- Providing consular services for Canadians; and,
- Overseeing the Government of Canada’s global network of missions abroad.
Global Affairs Canada manages Canada’s diplomatic and consular relations with foreign governments and international organizations, engaging and influencing international players to advance Canada’s political, legal and economic interests, including poverty reduction, the empowerment of women and girls, the promotion of a rules-based international order, international peace and security, human rights, inclusive and accountable governance, peaceful pluralism, inclusion and respect for diversity, and environmental sustainability.