This guide for business owners covers current City of Burlington funding programs, including grants, loans, tax credits, and other types of financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for City of Burlington funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
City of Burlington Mandate
The mandate of the City of Burlington is to provide a range of critical City services to its citizens and to actively “city-build.” City-building means using all of the tools available to City Council, working with community partners to define how the city grows, and to actively shape the physical, social, economic and cultural fabric of the city as it grows.
Burlington’s economic development mandate is to:
- Attract high-value companies to Burlington.
- Support the expansion of existing businesses.
- Encourage the start-up and growth of new companies.
Types of Funding City of Burlington Offers
The City of Burlington offers grants, loans, tax incentives and more.
City of Burlington Funding Programs
Below are links to the City’s specific programs:
- Environmental Study Grant (ESG) Program
- Tax Assistance Program (TAP)
- Tax Increment Grant (TIG) Program
- Remediation Loan Program (RLP)
- Fees Grant Program (FGP)
Grants and loans were expected to be in place by Q1 2022, so check back often for updates or contact the city for further details!
- Industrial Building Expansion (exemption)
- Commercial Expansion (exemption)
- Redevelopment (credit)
- Digital Transformation Grant