This guide for business owners covers current City of Elliot Lake funding programs, including different types of grant financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for City of Elliot Lake funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
City of Elliot Lake Mandate
The City of Elliot Lake’s vision is to be distinguished through its provision of modern urban services for all ages, while being located in the heart of a pristine natural environment. Elliot Lake is a community where the quality of life is continually enhanced through the interactions of a diverse population supported by engaged private and not-for-profit sectors. It is a place where affordability, health, and resiliency are more than just words, they are a way of life.
Elliot Lake’s economic development mandate is to:
- make recommendations to Council on matters that will foster and enhance quality of life and prosperity in the community.
- advise Council on the development of policy and programs related to economic vitality.
- develop working groups as approved by the Committee of the Whole to assist the Economic Development Office under the direction of the Economic Development Officer in research and development of plans for economic diversity.
Below is the link to the City’s financial incentives:
- Private Business Incentive Programs
- Planning and Design Grant
- Building façade improvements
- Signage (and awnings and street numbering)
- Landscaping and property improvements
- Upgrade to Building Code (Structural Improvements)
- Planning Application Fee and Building Permit Fee Grant
- Property tax increment grant