This guide for business owners covers current City of Hamilton, Hamilton Economic Development funding programs, including grants, loans, rebates and other types of financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for Hamilton Economic Development funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
City of Hamilton Mandate
The City’s vision “To be the best place to raise a child and age successfully” reflects the kind of city Hamiltonians want to aspire to become. It means having an inclusive community, actively engaged in making Hamilton a better place for everyone. It is creating an accessible environment, supporting residents through all of life’s stages, and one that encourages positive development of children as they grow towards becoming healthy adults and seniors.
The City of Hamilton’s economic development mandate is to retain and create living-wage jobs, increase the non-residential tax base, and increase Hamilton’s attractiveness as “the best place to raise a child and age successfully”.
Types of Funding City of Hamilton Offers
The City of Hamilton offers financial incentives, including grants, loans, rebates and more.
City of Hamilton Funding Programs
The City of Hamilton offers programs that fall under the following categories:
Below are links to the City of Hamilton specific programs under each category:
- Barton/Kenilworth Planning and Building Fees Rebate (BKPBFR) Program
- Barton / Kenilworth Revitalization Grant (BKRG) Program
- Barton/Kenilworth Tax Increment Grant (BKTIG) Program
- Commercial District Revitalization Grant (CDRG) Program
- Commercial District Housing Opportunities (CDHO) Program
- Commercial Vacancy Assistance (CVA) Program
- Downtown and Barton/Kenilworth Housing Opportunities (DBKHO) Program
- Hamilton Community Heritage Fund Loan (HCHFL) Program
- Hamilton Heritage Conservation Grant (HHCG) Program
- Hamilton Heritage Property Grant (HHPG) Program
- Revitalizing Hamilton Tax Increment Grant (RHTIG) Program
- Start-up and Office Tenant Attraction (SOTA) Program
- ERASE Study Grant Program (ESG)
- ERASE Redevelopment Grant Program (ERG)
- ERASE Education Tax Assistance Program (TAP)
- Hamilton Downtown/West Harbourfront Remediation Loan Program (RLP)
- ERASE Municipal Acquisition and Partnership Program (MAPP)
- ERASE Development Charge Reduction Program (DCR)