This guide for business owners covers current City of Owen Sound funding programs, including grants, tax deferrals and other types of financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for City of Owen Sound funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
City of Owen Sound Mandate
The City of Owen Sound’s vision is to be a great place to live, work, and play, and it offers the small-town feel with big-city amenities. Owen’s ultimate purpose is to strengthen its community and to make its city an attractive and prosperous place to live through sound leadership and visionary and forward-looking direction at the municipal government level.
Below is the link to the City’s financial incentives:
- City-wide Incentives Incentive Programs:
- Study and Design Grants
- Façade & Structural Improvement Grant Program
- Brownfield Financial Tax Assistance Program (tax deferral or cancellation)
- Tax Increment Equivalent Grant (TIEG)
- Landscaping & Property Improvement Grant Program
- Accessibility Improvement Grant Program
- Start-up Space Leasehold Improvement Grant Program
- Vacant Building Conversion & Expansion Grant Program
- Downtown and Harbour Area Incentive Programs:
- Vacant Lands Tax Assistance
- Façade and Structural Improvement Grant Program
- Start-up Space Leasehold Improvement Program
- Vacant Building Conversion and Expansion Grant