This guide for business owners covers current City of Sault Ste. Marie funding programs, including grants, tax rebates, contributions and other types of financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for City of Sault Ste. Marie funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
City of Sault Ste. Marie Mandate
The City of Sault Ste. Marie’s vision is to be the leading innovative, dynamic, and efficient municipal corporation in the province of Ontario. Sault Ste. Marie commits to promote, encourage and lead economic and social growth within the community through the effective provision of the municipal services and the development of community partnerships.
Types of Funding City of Sault Ste. Marie Offers
The City of Sault Ste. Marie offers financial incentives, including grants, tax rebates, contributions and more.
Below are links to the City’s financial incentives:
- Tax Increment Equivalent Grant (TIEG) for Major Developments
- Façade Improvement Grant
- Building Activation Grant for Vacant Spaces
- Upper Floor Residential Grant
- Patio Conversion Grant
- Municipal Tax Increment Rebate
- One-Time Grant
- Rental Housing Tax Increment Equivalent Grant
- Additional Grants for Assisted Living Facilities
- Additional Grants for Additional Barrier Free Units