This guide for business owners covers current City of St. Thomas funding programs, including different types of grant financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for City of St. Thomas funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
City of St. Thomas Mandate
The City of St. Thomas economic development’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of St. Thomas by attracting, retaining and growing its industrial business and tourism sectors while fostering entrepreneurship in the community. Its mandate includes the management of Railway City Tourism and the Elgin/St. Thomas Small Business Enterprise Centre.
Below is the link to the City’s financial incentives:
- Heritage Façade and Building Improvement Program
- Development Charge Grant Program:
- All types of development within the Primary CIPA (a grant equivalent of up to 100% of the City Development Charges)
- Brownfield sites being redeveloped designated for “business employment” (a grant equivalent of up to 100% of the City Development Charges)
- Tax Increment Grant Program
- Planning and Building Fees Grant Program
- Environmental Site Assessment Grant Program