This guide for business owners covers current Ontario Centre of Innovation funding programs, including investments, contributions, and other types of financing for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for Ontario Centre of Innovation funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
Ontario Centre of Innovation Mandate
The Ontario Centre of Innovation (OCI)’s mandate is to develop and deliver programs that accelerate the development, commercialization, and adoption of advanced technologies to drive job creation.
OCI achieves this mandate by:
- Taking a leadership role in industry-academic collaborations and working collaboratively with the Province to enable a high and sustainable level of prosperity;
- Helping innovative companies leverage the outcomes and capabilities of provincial research institutions;
- Providing real-world experience for Ontario’s next generation of innovators and entrepreneurs;
- Driving and supporting the development of a world-class knowledge transfer system;
- Supporting the commercialization of a publicly-funded academic research outcomes and expanding Ontario’s network of Canadian and international partners; and
- Creating strategic partnerships that benefit OCI clients and are complementary to the organization’s vision and mission.
Types of Funding Ontario Centre of Innovation Offers
The Ontario Centre of Innovation offers financial incentives, including investments, contributions and more.
Below are the links to the OCI’s financial incentive:
- iPaaS Network Access (Testbed)
- Technology Development (SME) Program – Currently Closed
- Technology Development (Academic) Program – Currently Closed
- Demonstration Program – Currently Closed
- TalentEdge Internship Program (TIP) – Currently Closed
- Electric Vehicle (EV) – Research and Development partnership fund
- Connection and Autonomous Vehicle (C/AV) & Smart Mobility – Research and Development partnership fund
- Winter Tech Development -Research and Development partnership fund