This guide for business owners covers current Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) funding programs, including their cost-sharing funding and other types of support for entrepreneurs.
This is our dedicated “hub” page for OMAFRA funding programs. We’ll continuously update this page to reflect changes in programs – so bookmark this page and check back often for updates!
Ontario’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) strives to:
- Support the province’s agri-food sector,
- Enforce and improve food safety, and
- Strengthen Ontario’s rural communities.
Through its actions, the ministry supports rural communities and the agri-food sector, which helps to build a high quality of life for all Ontario residents. By working together, we can create a stronger economy in Ontario.
OMAFRA Funding Programs
OMAFRA offers programs that fall under the following categories:
Below are links to OMAFRA’s specific programs under each category:
- The Canadian Agricultural Partnership offers cost-share funding opportunities for processors and other agri-businesses to help modernize practices, equipment and operations. The funding supports and opportunities currently available are:
- Advancing Beekeeper Business Capacity – program administered by the he Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA).
- Honey Bee Health Management – program administered by the he Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA).
- Ontario Agri-Careers Support Initiative – program delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- OMAFRA has developed Food Safety and Traceability resources and e-learning courses that support the adoption of practices that help the food and beverage sector respond to heightened consumer awareness of food safety.
- The Grassroots Growth Initiative (GGI) provides funding to initiatives that will support government priorities, such as supporting the growth of Ontario’s agri-food sector, ensuring sustainability of agriculture and fostering vibrant rural economies.
- The Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (previously the OMAFRA-U of G Partnership) is a collaboration between the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food & Rural Affairs and the University of Guelph. The Alliance provides funding to support research, training, innovation and outreach for the benefit of Ontario’s agri-food sector.
Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
1 Stone Road West
ON N1G 4Y2
General Inquiry: 519-826-3100 (Toll Free: 1-888-466-2372)
Agricultural Information Contact Centre (AICC): 1-877-424-1300
Media Hotline: 519-826-3145
Click here for a list of all OMAFRA offices.