Type of Program:
The ARI R&D stream prioritizes projects involving new financial tools (such as insurance products, options / futures / price pooling and other hedging tools) which allow producers to manage a defined business risk.
Issues that can be addressed are, but not limited to:
The R&D stream also prioritizes projects addressing climate change risk. Issues that can be addressed under this priority include, but are not limited to:
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $500,000 per applicant per fiscal year.
Eligible project costs will normally be shared between AAFC and the applicant (75% from AAFC and 25% from the applicant). The applicant’s portion of the cost-share can be a combination of both cash and in-kind contributions.
Total government funding is normally limited to 85% of eligible project costs.
When It Ends:
Applicant must be:
complete and submit a Project Summary form (stage 1) - helps to determine eligibility and alignment with program criteria and priorities, prior to preparing a full application. This will also facilitate a discussion between the applicant and program staff about the project.
submit a full application (stage 2), if invited.
The applicant must submit:
- 1a completed application form, signed by the applicants’ authorized representative(s);
- 2a completed work plan listing all activities, activity lead(s) / principal investigator(s) / contractor (s), detailed description of the work undertaken, and research methodology, if applicable;
- 3a completed budget with forecasted total project costs by activity, cost category and fiscal year and sources of funding;
- 4a copy of the applicant organization's Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Incorporation;
- 5the organization's annual financial statements (audited or review engagement) for the past two years or since the date of organization start-up;
- 6Letters of Financial Support from all organizations providing a cash or in-kind contribution to the project as per the Budget, if applicable;
- 7Project Endorsement Letters/ Letters of Support from organizations indicating they believe there is a need for the proposed project for the sector
- 8Capital Asset Pre-approval for Capital Costs to be purchased for the project that are $10,000 or more.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Numerous services from Agriculture and Agri-food Canada are temporarily unavailable. We will restore services as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- 2The AgriRisk Initiatives: Research and Development Contribution Funding Stream is open to receive project summaries addressing new financial tools or climate change risk.
- 3Project Summaries are accepted on a continuous basis until program funds have been allocated, or until otherwise posted on this website.
- 4Total ARI program funding is approximately $55 million over five years, with the program ending March 31, 2023.