Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $500,000 per applicant per fiscal year.
Eligible project costs will normally be shared between AAFC and the applicant (75% from AAFC and 25% from the applicant). The applicant’s portion of the cost-share can be a combination of both cash and in-kind contributions.
Total government funding is normally limited to 85% of eligible project costs.
Applicant must be:
- industry associations
- Indigenous groups
- co-operatives, mutual insurance companies or reciprocals
The applicant must submit:
- a completed application form, signed by the applicants’ authorized representative(s);
- a completed work plan listing all activities, activity lead(s) / principal investigator(s) / contractor (s), detailed description of the work undertaken, and research methodology, if applicable;
- a completed budget with forecasted total project costs by activity, cost category and fiscal year and sources of funding;
- a copy of the applicant organization’s Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Incorporation;
- the organization’s annual financial statements (audited or review engagement) for the past two years or since the date of organization start-up;
- Letters of Financial Support from all organizations providing a cash or in-kind contribution to the project as per the Budget, if applicable;
- Project Endorsement Letters/ Letters of Support from organizations indicating they believe there is a need for the proposed project for the sector
- Capital Asset Pre-approval for Capital Costs to be purchased for the project that are $10,000 or more.
Other Things to Note:
- Numerous services from Agriculture and Agri-food Canada are temporarily unavailable. We will restore services as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- The AgriRisk Initiatives: Research and Development Contribution Funding Stream is open to receive project summaries addressing new financial tools or climate change risk.
- Project Summaries are accepted on a continuous basis until program funds have been allocated, or until otherwise posted on this website.
- Total ARI program funding is approximately $55 million over five years, with the program ending March 31, 2023.