Type of Program:
The Canadian Agricultural Strategic Priorities Program (CASPP) provides funds for projects that address national or sector-wide priorities that help industry address emerging issues and capitalize on opportunities.
Comments on Funding:
Maximum funding for a project will normally not exceed $1 million, and not more than $5 million over five years for each applicant.
Eligible project costs will normally be shared between the applicant and AAFC at a ratio of 50% - 50%. AAFC may contribute up to 75% of total project costs where it deems that a project is a high priority for a sector or addresses a public safety concern of Canadians and clearly demonstrates the benefits to Canadians through significant levels of support (public and private interests). In exceptional cases, AAFC may contribute greater that 75%.
Total government funding (other federal departments, provincial/territorial and municipal governments) will generally not exceed 85%.
The applicant's source of funding can be comprised of cash contributions from other sources including those from:
- 1other federal government departments;
- 2provincial/territorial governments;
- 3municipal governments;
- 4Industry and/or Partners such as:
When It Ends:
CASPP will only consider projects that are national or sector-wide in scope. To demonstrate this scope, applicants must make sure that the project:
Normally for-profits are not eligible but may be considered for funding in situations where the benefit will be accrued through the entire sector or significant benefits can be accrued to public safety and/or the public good.
complete the online CASPP Pre-Screening Form, and submitting it by e-mail to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org (stage one: pre-screening);
submit a full application (the CASPP online application form), which will provided at the time of invitation (stage two: application). Applicants must provide all application and supporting documentation within 45 business days from receipt of the invitation to apply.
Applicants that have been invited to submit a full application (stage 2) will have 45 business days to complete the application and supporting documents:
- 1an executive summary that links proposed activities to the Project objectives and priorities;
- 2a copy of the applicant organization's Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Incorporation;
- 3financial statements:
- 4Letters of Financial Support from all organizations providing a cash contribution to the project as per the Budget;
- 5Project Endorsement Letters/ Letters of Support from organizations indicating they believe there is a need for the proposed project for the sector and expressing hope that the proposed project will be accepted;
- 6Capital Asset Pre-approval for Capital Costs to be purchased for the Project that are $10,000 or more.
Other Things to Note:
Applications are only being accepted for projects with end dates on or before March 31, 2024.