Comments on Funding:
Funding is less than $5 million over five-years.In case of multiple approved projects within this program, total AAFC funding cannot exceed $10 million per year.
Not-for-profit organizations must provide a minimum of 30% of the funding towards eligible project costs.
For-profit organizations must provide a minimum of 50% of the funding towards eligible project costs.
In-kind may be considered as part of the applicant’s cost-share (up to 10%) and, in exceptional cases, total government sources of funding should generally not exceed 85%.Applicants may apply for the following type of funding:
- Non-repayable contribution funding (referred to as Vote 10 at AAFC) for activities conducted by industry – AAFC will reimburse a portion of the costs for your Project. Note that contribution funding is not a grant. Successful applicants enter into a Contribution Agreement (CA) with AAFC that lists a number of reporting requirements, including reporting on costs that are eligible.
- Collaborative research and development support (referred to as Vote 1 at AAFC) from AAFC scientists -AAFC Science and Technology Branch scientists can conduct research on your Project. Successful applicants are required to enter into a Collaborative Research and Development Agreement (CRDA) with AAFC. The CRDA outlines the deliverables, licensing options and payment schedule for the industry share of funding supporting the Project activities. The approved Vote 1 financial allocation is not paid to the applicant but provided within AAFC; OR,
- Both (Vote 10 and Vote 1).
Applicants must be:
The applicant must:
complete and submit a Project Summary form – helps to determine eligibility and alignment with program criteria and priorities, prior to preparing a full application. This will also facilitate a discussion between the applicant and program staff about the project.
Online applications should be processed within 100 business days.
- signature of applicant authorized representative form;
- executive summary;
- a copy of the applicant organization’s Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Incorporation if applying to the Program for the first time or if there have been changes to your incorporation since first provided;
- financial statements for the last two years (Audited or Review Engagement);
- Letters of Financial Support;
- Letters of Acknowledgement from all research organizations identified in the Application, Work Plan or Budget (includes AAFC and organizations external to AAFC);
- Project Endorsement Letters/ Letters of Support, if available, not a requirement;
- Capital Asset pre-approval for Capital Costs to be purchased for the Project that are $100,000 or more.
Other Things to Note:
Applications are now being accepted for Projects. The program ends March 31, 2023, or until funding has been fully committed.