Comments on Funding:
If the applicant’s production margin falls below his payment trigger, AgriStability will pay him 70% of the difference. The maximum payment applicants may receive under AgriStability in a program year is $3 million.
2021 AgriStability interim payment rate increased to 75% and late participation for Manitoba producers.
The applicant must:
The applicant may also need to comply with certain conditions set by his province or territory to receive a benefit.
complete and send AAFC a New and rejoining participant information form to enrol in the program by the April 30 enrolment deadline, if they are new participants or if they are rejoining after not participating in AgriStability for more than two years. If they have participated in AgriStability in the last two years, AAFC will automatically send them an Enrolment Notice (or an invitation to participate) and they will be considered enrolled.
Once they are enrolled, AAFC will send you an Enrolment Notice, showing them the fee they have to pay to participate. They also have to pay a $55.00 administrative cost share.
pay their fee and administrative cost share by the April 30 deadline. If they miss the initial fee deadline, they have until the final fee deadline, December 31, to pay their fee with a penalty equal to 20% of their fee.
complete their AgriStability form and send the form by the deadline (September 30, initial deadline and December 31, final filing deadline with penalty).
To apply for a payment, applicants must submit their Year-end Report and Claim Form and schedules, as well as the correct tax form described below:
- Individuals send the T1163 to Canada Revenue Agency;
- Corporations, trusts, and special individuals send the Statement A to Agricorp.
Other Things to Note:
- AgriStability is one of the three federal-provincial-territorial (FPT) Business Risk Management (BRM) programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership. The other two are: AgriInsurance and AgriInvest.
- AgriStability is delivered by the federal government in Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Yukon.
- AgriStability is delivered provincially in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, or Prince Edward Island. In Ontario the program is delivered by Agricorp. The initial deadline to pay their fee without penalty is April 30. If applicants miss the April 30 deadline, they have until December 31 to pay their fee with a penalty equal to 20% of their fee.