Bell Fund – Short Form Digital Series
The Short-Form Digital Series Program is a selective program that supports Canadian, independent producer/creators by funding premium, original series for online distribution, specifically the production of fiction (drama, comedy, and children’s and youth programming) and non-fiction (documentary and lifestyle/factual programming).
Comments on Funding:
Funding is available as a non-repayable grant of 75% of the costs of production up to a maximum of $150,000.
If series is Board approved for financing, an additional amount, up to a maximum of $50,000, can be requested for the cost of implementing the Audience Development Plan.
(EXLUDED-> to remove: At least 10% of the budget must be financed in cash by a third party.)
The applicant must:
attend an application clinic, if they are first time applicants,
go to online application portal: application.bellfund.ca and create an account,
submit the application;
complete the ‘Bell Fund’s Online Self-Identification Questionnaire’ within 7 days of receipt of the email invitation.
Applicants must submit:
- The application form;
- The Audience Development Preliminary Plan;
- The Digital Platform Pre-Approval Form;
- Project details form;
- Proof that Copyright of Project is owned, optioned or controlled by applicant (producer);
- Licence Agreement or meaningful commitment letter from a digital platform owned, controlled and operated by a Canadian, licensed programming undertaking including operating as a Hybrid VOD service (CraveTV, Club Illico);
7.Licence agreement or meaningful commitment letter from a digital platform that features Entertainment Programming and is accessible to Canadians;
- Proof of other financing, if applicable;
- List of pending applications to other funders, if applicable;
- The budget;
11.Transactions by All Parties;
- Content (series treatment + 1- 2 scripts for Fiction/series treatment + 1 episodic outline for nonfiction);
- Production Schedule;
14.Credits of Applicant Company;
- Key Personnel List + CVs;
- Self Identification Form;
- Co-Production Agreement, if applicable;
- Service Agreement, if applicable;
- Additional documents, if applicable;
- Additional Letters of Support (eg. letter of support from mentor, if applicable).
Other Things to Note:
This is a new program for the Ontario database, but was present and moved from the Atlantic Canada database.
Guidelines – August, 2022
When It Ends:
September 26, 2022
2023 deadlines to be determined