Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to 50% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $5,000 in total.Cash or in-kind contributions to cover at least 50% of project costs are required.
The applicant must:
- have completed at least one uninterrupted 12-month publishing cycle (not required);
- be published at the time of the application (not required)
We encourage you to submit your application package electronically, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail, courier or hand-deliver your complete application package to the headquarters of the Department of Canadian Heritage. Your application must be postmarked no later than the published deadline to be considered.
Applicants must submit a complete application package, including the signed Application Form and the following supporting documents:
- proof of legal status (for a first time applicant or incorporated in the year if applicable),
- research that supports project activities,
- detailed quotes and résumés (e.g. from consultants to substantiate activities and projected costs),
- written confirmation of in-kind contributions to the project and other sources of funding, if applicable,
- Not-for-profit applicants must provide a resolution from the organization’s board of directors supporting the project, and identifying signing authority.
- other specific document as requested according to periodical type (print magazines, digital periodicals).
- a copy of the latest edition of the printed magazine; and
- a circulation report or printing invoices that support the reported circulation information for the declared reporting period. We accept reports from the following audit circulation boards:
- Canadian Circulations Audit Board, a division of BPA Worldwide;
- Alliance for Audited Media; and
- Canadian Media Circulation Audit.
- must be made fully accessible to us in order to determine eligibility;
- must provide a clear explanation of the method used to determine the percentage of Canadian content reported in the application form;
- analytics report – For web projects, we require an analytics report at the time of application and upon completion of the project. The report should capture the six-month period before the application date;
- must submit documents to support circulation levels declared in the application form (declaration, reports from web auditing tools/an accepted audit circulation board/from service providers).
Other Things to Note:
Applications for projects starting in the current fiscal year (April 1 to March 31) will be accepted on an ongoing basis until September 15.