Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant of up to 50% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $50,000.
Application Assistance funding is available for persons who are experiencing difficulty and self-identify as:
- an artist who is Deaf, hard of hearing, has a disability or is living with a mental illness;
- a First Nations, Inuit or Métis artist facing language, geographic and/or cultural barriers.
Applicants must be:
speak with a Canada Council Program Officer at least two weeks prior to the deadline before submitting an application to this component for the first time;
provide information about their organization’s:
a) project and its potential impact;
c) budget; and
Applicants must submit:
1. co-production agreement;
2. for artistic co-productions – samples of their recent work and recent partners’ recent work;
3. for financial co-productions – samples of the international artist’s recent work; and
4. a final report three months after the completion of the project.
Other Things to Note:
Application limits – One can receive grants twice each year (1 March – 28/29 February).