No fixed amount
Type of Program:
The Frankfurt 2020: Incentive for Purchasing Translation Rights and for Publishing in German provides funding for the translation of Canadian literary and non-literary works into German and the expenses for associated promotional and production costs.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to 50% of translation costs to a maximum of $20,000.
Funding is up to $2,000 to cover promotion expenses.
Funding is up to $4,000 to cover production expenses for certain types of books.
When It Ends:
June 3, 2020
Applicants must be book publishers operating in German-speaking markets.
Applications can be submitted by email (preferred method) or by mail/courier.
Applicants must submit:
- 1their completed application form including responses to all the mandatory questions,
- 2their budget,
- 3a project description, a brief profile of their press and publishing mandate and their promotion plan,
- 4a pdf of the Canadian book to be translated sent by email, or a copy of the printed book submitted by mail,
- 5an up-to-date biography of the translator(s), which includes relevant translation and publication credits,
- 6a copy of the contract or letter of intent signed by the applicant and the translation-rights holder (publisher, author, literary agent, etc.),
- 7a copy of the contract or letter of intent signed by the applicant and the translator,
- 8a completed checklist.
Other Things to Note:
Program no longer active at the beginning of 2021.