Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant of up to:
- $30,000, exceptionally up to $100,000 per year for project requests; and
- $30,000, exceptionally up to $100,000 per year for composite requests (to a maximum of $300,000 for 3 years).
Application Assistance funding is available for persons who are experiencing difficulty and self-identify as:
- an artist who is Deaf, hard of hearing, has a disability or is living with a mental illness;
- a First Nations, Inuit or Métis artist facing language, geographic and/or cultural barriers.
Applicants must be:
speak with a Canada Council Program Officer at least two weeks prior to the deadline before submitting an application to this component for the first time;
provide information about their organization’s:
a) project and its potential impact;
b) relevant past experience, if any;
c) intended public;
d) marketing and outreach strategies;
e) partners involved, if any;
f) artist fees and safe working conditions, if applicable;
g) timeline; and
Applicants must submit:
- samples of the work or relevant past activities, if any;
- executive summaries or recommendations from relevant reports (market analysis, strategic plans, etc.), if any;
- a final report within three months after its completion.
Other Things to Note:
Application limits – each year (1 March – 28/29 February), one can apply to this component twice, but only one request can be accepted for a composite grant.