Type of Program:
The Short-Term Projects component of Creating, Knowing and Sharing provides support to First Nations, Inuit and Métis professional and aspiring artists, cultural carriers, arts/cultural professionals, groups, collectives and arts/culture organizations for any combination of eligible Creating, Knowing and Sharing activities for projects lasting up to 12 months.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $100,000.
When It Ends:
March 16, 2022
Next deadlines to be determined
Grants cannot overlap with another Short-Term Project grant and cannot duplicate activities supported by any other Canada Council grant.
The applicant must register in the portal at least 30 days before applying.
Applicant's eligibility is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
First-time applicants are strongly encouraged to speak to a Program Officer before applying.
Applicants must provide:
- 1information about their project and its potential impact, their timeline and project plan, their budget and their partners or host organizations, if any,
- 2biographies of key artistic, cultural and technical participants, if any,
- 3a letter of invitation or confirmation from your partner, organization or venue, if applicable,
- 4relevant samples of their previous work and the work of each key participant, if any,
- 5a letter/email of agreement from their mentor and their mentor’s current biography (for aspiring artists only).
Other Things to Note:
- 1Good news! The Council is investing additional funds in the Short-Term Projects and Long-Term Projects components for upcoming deadlines.
- 2Application limits – one can apply to this component twice per year (1 March – 28/29 February).