Type of Program:
The Grow component of the five-year Strategic Innovation Fund (2021-2026) provides multi-year support for a limited number of longer-term, collaborative initiatives that propose sustainable solutions to sectoral or cross-sectoral issues and demonstrate strong potential to be scaled up for regional, national or international impact.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a grant of up to $1,000,000.
When It Ends:
April 13, 2022
The lead applicant must be a Canadian organization and eligible to apply to the Fund, as determined by their validated profile created in the portal. Project partners do not require a Canada Council profile. Organizations presently receiving core grants are eligible to apply to this component.
submit their proposal through a call for Expression of Interest on or before the deadline date (Stage 1),
fully develop their proposal, formally apply through the Council’s portal, and participate in an interview with the evaluation committee, if invited to (Stage 2).
Applicants invited to submit Stage 2 applications, need to provide the following:
- 1Information about the lead applicant, including:
- 2Information about their partners, including:
- 3Information about their project, including:
- 4Their proposed business model and budget:
Other Things to Note:
- 1The five-year Strategic Innovation Fund aims to strengthen and transform the arts sector. The Fund supports rebuilding and transformation projects and partnerships that contribute to a more resilient, sustainable, connected, accessible, and equitable arts sector.
- 2The Fund includes three main components to help seed, cultivate and grow your idea.
- 3From 2021 to 2026, the Council will invest $200+ million in an innovative rebuilding of the arts sector. Our Strategic Innovation Fund will offer you access to grants, partnerships, outreach events and resources. The aim is to build the capacity of artists, arts professionals, arts groups, collectives and organizations to try new ideas, share knowledge, find networks, create prototypes and scale up ambitious solutions.