Canada Media Fund – Convergent Stream: First Come, First Served Programs: English Regional Production Bonus
The English Regional Production Bonus is designed to support CMF’s mandate of funding production across the country. As part of the CMF’s Convergent Stream, projects funded must include content to be produced for distribution on at least two platforms, one of which must be television.
Comments on Funding:
Funding will take the form of a licence fee top-up contribution of up to 15% of an Eligible Project’s Eligible Costs or $1 million.
The applicant must:
Projects from the province of Quebec, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Nunavik and the Yukon are not eligible to the ERPB since they have their own dedicated incentives (i.e., Anglophone Minority Incentive for Quebec, and Northern Incentive for the Territories, Nunavut and Nunavik).
carefully review the program guidelines and all reference documents before submitting an application;
review the PERSONA-ID by Program document to confirm if the program requires them or their team to register to the CMF PERSONA-ID Self-identification system;
register online to create their Dialogue accounts on the Telefilm website and complete the funding application;
sign the contract, if the project is approved.
Applicants must submit:
- a completed and approved dialogue broadcaster agreement form (BAF) linked to the application form for each Canadian broadcaster providing an eligible licence fee and/or a contribution from its 2022-2023 CMF performance envelope;
- a completed dialogue application form with persona-id # entered in the applicable sections;
- broadcast licence agreement(s) for all eligible licence fees;
- documentation confirming sources of financing – domestic and/or foreign;
- detailed calculation page(s) for federal and provincial tax credits;
- detailed production budget;
- projected cashflow;
- distribution agreements;
- recoupment schedule;
- description of planned interim financing;
- detailed production budget;
- synopsis (document detailing the themes, subject matter and setting of the storyline);
- creative material (script, bible, treatment, outline, rundown);
- project description;
- description of the design and technology;
- summary of chain of title;
- all rights documentation (with all underlying rights agreements and signed writer(s) and director(s) agreements);
- co-production agreement(s) domestic or foreign;
- detailed cast and crew list including citizenship;
- declaration of the corporation’s Canadian status, and its shareholders and directors;
- complete incorporation documents;
- corporate profile including company mandate for all applicants, co-applicants and parent companies, as applicable;
- shareholder’s or partner’s agreement (if applicable);
- corporate secretary’s certificate name the officers and indicate their signing authority;
25.corporate financial statements for the past three years for all television component applicants, co-applicants and parent companies.
Other Things to Note:
Due to high demand for the English Regional Production Bonus, the CMF will no longer be accepting applications for this program.
When It Ends:
Next deadlines to be determined