Type of Program:
The Capital Grants provides funding to Ontario local community projects that improve the infrastructure communities need to thrive. Capital grants support projects that provide people with suitable, accessible, and well-equipped buildings and spaces.
Comments on Funding:
Funding ranges from $5,000 to $150,000 per year. The project term is up to 1 year.
When It Ends:
August 3, 2022
The applicant must:
Additional eligibility criteria:
Applicants must submit their applications during the intake period.
take part in a mandatory orientation session with their OTF Program Manager.
are sent an email with their OTF Contract.
Applicant must submit:
- 1internally prepared financial statements for the two most recent fiscal years for organizations with an annual revenue of $99,999 or less;
- 2financial statements for the most recent fiscal year end, which must include comparative information for the prior fiscal year for organizations with an annual revenue between $100,000 and $249,999. These statements must be prepared by a licensed public accountant and need to include a Notice to Reader on the financial statements and accompanying notes.
- 3financial statements for the most recent fiscal year end, which must include comparative information for the prior fiscal year organizations with an annual revenue between $250,000 and $499,999. These statements must be prepared by a licensed public accountant external to your organization and need to include a Review Engagement Report on the financial statements and accompanying notes.
- 1The organization's most recent completed financial statements, must have been completed within one year of the fiscal year end. For example, if the organization's year end is March 31, please provide statements for the year end March 31, 2019 or March 31, 2020, whichever is most recent.
- 2Consolidated statements are required for organizations who have or belong to subsidiary companies.
- 3Audited statements are preferred for all revenue levels.
- 4Organizations less than two years old are required to provide a complete set of financial statements for at least one completed fiscal year.
- 5Financial statements must be Board approved (draft statements are not accepted).
At the end of each year grantees complete a Progress Report. Grantees also submit a final report when the project is completed. This covers the achievement of the project, metric, and learnings. Completion: After OTF staff approve a final report, the grant hold-back funds are released and the grant is closed. Grantee compliance: A random sample of grants are subject to a Grantee Compliance Audit. Grant files can be audited for compliance at any point within the grants life, or after the grant has been closed.
Other Things to Note:
The Ontario Trillium Foundation is introducing the one-time Resilient Communities Fund to invest in the recovery and rebuilding efforts of the non-profit sector impacted by COVID-19.
OTF is redirecting funds from the Grow and Capital cycles for 2020 into this fund.
Those interested should contact the Support Centre at 1.800.263.2887 or email@example.com for more information.