Type of Program:
The Project Feasibility Study program provides assistance to determine the feasibility of the project.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is available on a matching basis for 50% of study costs, to a maximum of $7,500.
When It Ends:
Concept Plans and estimates
Applicants must submit with their application:
- 1rehabilitation plan/budget and work plan;
- 2quote of study costs and work proposal from qualified consultant(s);
- 3evidence of suspected/potential site impairment or actual (evidenced) environmental contamination, as evidenced by existing ESA’s, on the property (please attach available reports/documentation – e.g. Phase I ESA and greater);
- 4details of the work plan for the environmental study(ies) proposed for the property (i.e. Phase II ESA or, if already complete, a Phase III Remedial Action Plan. This may also include such items as a Risk Assessment (RA) Report or re-evaluation of existing Phase I, II and III ESA’s based on need to update documentation); and
- 5a copy of the proposal from the consultant. The City of Cornwall will also require a copy of the Final Report(s) and technical appendices.
- 6a Letter of Authorization from the registered owners indicating support for the subject Applicant(s) to proceed accordingly, if the Applicant(s) are not the registered owners of the property subject to this Brownfields Program Application.
- 7agreement to provide copies of all applicable paid invoices and final study(ies).
Note: An ESA and related Record of Site Condition (RSC) must be prepared by an environmental consulting firm certified for this purpose by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment under the Environmental Protection Act, Ontario Regulation 153/04. This consultant is commonly referred to as the ‘Qualified Person’ (QP).