Type of Program:
The Facade Improvement/ Sign Grant assists with improvements to a building facade or for new signage. Funding is based on 50% of the costs to a maximum of $10,000 for facade work and $2,000 for new signage.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant based on 50% of the costs to a maximum of $10,000 for facade work and $2,000 for new signage.
When It Ends:
Concept Plans and estimates
Applicants must submit with their application:
- 1the concept/design plans;
- 2at least two written estimates from qualified independent contractors/supplies (as per Bill 124 standards), if applying for the Façade Improvement Grant Component. The low estimate does not necessarily have to be selected.
- 3“before” pictures of façade, if applying for the Façade Improvement Grant Component;
- 42 comprehensive estimates from qualified signage companies detailing the above-noted type of proposed signage, if applying for the Sign Grant Component;
- 5copy of their most current tax receipt;
- 6a Letter of Authorization from the Registered Owner(s) MUST accompany this request indicating support for the subject Applicant(s) to proceed accordingly, if the Applicant(s) is not the Registered Owner(s) of the Property subject. to this HOTC Program Application.
- 7A Statement of Commitment by Proponent to seek advice on proposed façade design/materials, as it relates to the linkage with Historic Architectural fabric of the specific structures. This is typically evidenced in a combination of archival photo analyses (i.e. sources include S.D.&G. Historic Society Archive Collections, Heritage Cornwall information and any other appropriate information sources.