Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant of 50% of the cost of such things as feasibility studies or concept drawings to a maximum of $7,500.
Applicants must be land owners that make feasibility studies or concept drawings improvements to buildings in the central core, or “Heart of the City”.
These areas include the downtown business district (Pitt Street and adjacent roadways) along with the Le Village shopping district.
a) Call or email to set up an initial meeting with Dana McLean, development Coordinator to discuss applicant’s property and building renovations, the application process, timelines and identify any additional requirements, such as building permits.
b) If applicant’s plans for renovation require architectural plans for a building permit, he can submit a request for funding for the design fees.
c) A list of qualified professionals will be provided to help applicants choose a designer/architect/ engineer depending on their needs.
Concept Plans and estimates
a) Once applicants have their concept design plans, they can contact contractors to ask them to provide estimates for each of the areas of work based on the finalized plans, such as windows, store front and interior renovations which may include electrical and plumbing.
b) Staff will help applicants meet with other city departments for any additional requirements, such as permits.
c) Once you have the estimates you may apply for funding for the renovation work.
a)The application is reviewed by the Cornwall Planning Programs evaluation group (CPPEG), at the beginning of the month.
b) CPPEG then makes a recommendation for your application and it is presented to the Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) mid-month for approval.
c) The recommended approval then proceeds to City Council for final approval for the funding request.
a) Any work started prior to the final approval by City Council is not eligible for funding.
b) Grant funding may be dispersed through a request for progress payments or when work is completed and a final inspection has been received.
Applicants must submit with their application:
- the concept/design plans;
- estimates for each of the areas of work based on the finalized plans.
- copy of their most current tax receipt;
- a Letter of Authorization from the Registered Owner(s) MUST accompany this request indicating support for the subject Applicant(s) to proceed accordingly, if the Applicant(s) is not the Registered Owner(s) of the Property subject to this HOTC Program Application;
- a copy of the proposal from the consultant. The City of Cornwall will also require a copy of the Final Report and any technical appendices. The proposal should include a start and anticipated completion date, showing ‘milestone’ details.