Comments on Funding:
The maximum Grant amount under this Program is paid on a matching basis (50%-50%) for eligible work to a maximum of:
- $10,000 per municipal address applying to a commercial space/building or
- $12,500 per municipal address applying to a corner commercial space/building;
- for properties located within a BIA and eligible CIPA with the exception of dormant BIAs as defined by the Dormant Business Improvement Area Status the maximum grant amount is:
a) $20,000 – for municipal addresses applying to a commercial space/building with a linear foot street frontage greater than twenty-five feet (25’ or 7.6 metres),
b) $10,000 – for municipal addresses applying to a commercial space/building with a linear foot street frontage of twenty-five feet (25’ or 7.6 metres) or less;
c) $25,000 – for municipal addresses applying to a corner commercial space/building;
Eligible interior improvements shall not exceed:
- $5,000 of the total Grant provided; or
- 50% of the eligible maximum grant when located within an active BIA.
Applicants must submit:
pay the administration fee:
a) $105.00 Administration Fee for Grants of $5,000 or less;
b) $280.00 Administration Fee for grants less than or equal to $12,500 & Greater than $5,000;
c) $440.00 Administration Fee for grants greater than $12,500 to accompany Application.
A detailed Letter of Understanding will be executed and returned to the appropriate agent of the City if a grant is approved and prior to any disbursement of funding under the terms of the grant.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Application Form;
- Payment of Application Fee;
- Two (2) dated estimates for each of the works being proposed for funding;
- If the tenant of the property is the applicant, written authorization of the Owner that the applicant is authorized to make the application must be included with this application.
- Articles of Incorporation Documents, if applicable;
- Articles of Amendment, if applicable;
- Partnership Agreement Documents, if applicable;
- Shareholders Registry (i.e. List of Shareholders and their respective percentage ownership), if applicable;
- List of Applicant’s Officers and Directors, if applicable;
- Anticipated start date for construction as well as anticipated completion date;
- Photos demonstrating state of property prior to construction/renovation taking place. Hard copies of photos are to be date stamped.
Other Things To Note:
For further details please contact City of Hamilton’s Planning and Economic Development Department at (905) 546- 2424 Ext. 2755.