No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Environmental Study Grant (ESG) Program provides a financial incentive in the form of a grant to help offset the cost of conducting a range of environmental studies.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant equal to 50% of the cost of eligible environmental studies to a maximum of:
- 1$3,000 for a Phase 1 ESA;
- 2$20,000 for any other eligible environmental study;
- 3two studies per project and $30,000 per project.
The total value of any grant(s) provided under this program will be deducted from eligible program costs for the Tax Assistance Program (TAP) and/or Tax Increment Grant (TIG) Program, as applicable.
When It Ends:
Applications must be for an environmental study that has the purpose of:
have a pre-application consultation meeting with staff to determine program eligibility, scope of work and project timing;
complete and submit an application form, if authorized by the Town to make application for this program;
ensure that all required signatures have been provided and that the application is accompanied by all information and documentation as requested in the application form and by Town staff;
Applications must be made in writing and approved by the Town prior to the commencement of the environmental study;
- 1All applications must be accompanied by:
- 2Applications for a Phase II ESA must be accompanied by a Phase I ESA completed by a Qualified Person (QP) (as defined by the Environmental Protection Act and Ontario Regulation (O. Reg) 153/04) that demonstrates the property is suspected of environmental contamination and that preparation of a Phase II ESA is recommended.
- 3Applications for a Remedial Work Plan/Risk Assessment/Risk Management Plan must be accompanied by:
All completed environmental studies must comply with the description of the studies as provided in the grant application form. One (1) electronic and one (1) hard copy of the study shall be submitted to the Town for review. You must agree to provide the Town with permission to notify any other subsequent project proponents of the existence of environmental studies funded by the ESG Program. Actual costs for any or all items eligible for a grant may be subject to audit by the Town, at the expense of the applicant.
Other Things to Note:
No deadlines found. For further information on this program, please contact Rajbir Sian in the Oakville Economic Development Department (905-845-6601, ext. 4201).