City of Peterborough – Facade Improvement Grant Program
The Facade Improvement Grant Program provides a grant to property owners who rehabilitate and improve the facades (including signs) of buildings within the Central Area Community Improvement Project Area. Facades may include rear facing facades that have high public visibility.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant of 50% of the cost of eligible work up to $15,000 per property address with one facade.
An additional grant of up to $15,000 may be issued for buildings on corner lots where facade improvements are proposed on both street facing facades.
The upset limit for a property with more than one municipal address, facade, owner or tenant, is $30,000.
Applicants must be property owners within the Central Area Community Improvement Project Area.
complete and submit an application form and ensure that their application includes the required supporting documentation, if authorized to apply for a grant.
Applications and supporting documentation are reviewed by staff to ensure that they meet all of the eligibility requirements. If the application does not meet the eligibility requirements, applicants will be notified in writing.
If the application is approved by Council, the Grant Agreement is then executed by the City of Peterborough. A copy of the executed agreement(s) is then returned to the applicants for their records.
Applicants must submit:
- photographs of the existing building;
- historical photographs and/or drawings;
- a heritage impact statement for designated or eligible heritage properties;
- a site plan and/or professional design/study/architectural drawings;
- specification of the the proposed works, including a work plan for the improvements to be completed and construction drawings;
- two (2) detailed cost estimates for eligible work provided by a licensed contractor.
In order to receive the payment, the applicant must provide the City of Peterborough with:
- copies of paid invoices;
- “after” picture(s) of completed works;
- proof of payment in full to contractors.
When It Ends: