Comments on Funding:
Funding is a one-time cash rebate of up to 30 cents per litre of water saved per average day
Water efficiency upgrades eligible under the program are:
- cooling towers;
- refrigeration equipment;
- food service equipment;
- process equipment and other site-specific water-saving measures (i.e. grey water reuse, rain water harvesting systems).
let the City know they are interested in the program by calling at 416-392-7000 or sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
discuss the eligibility when contacted by the City. If applicants meet the criteria, the City will arrange to have a professional engineer complete a thorough walkthrough and review of the organization’s water use. Based on the visit, an engineer will develop a detailed water audit report that will include a list of eligible process or equipment changes your organization can make and the estimated savings you can expect.
Applicants must submit:
- the completed and signed Notice of Completion form PDF;
- a detailed technical report that includes:
- water consumption profile for the site;
- identification of water saving opportunities for existing equipment/processes; and
- data to support water savings in each of the water efficiency measures described above.
Other Things to Note:
In 2020, an organization that reduces water use by 10,000 litres (10 m3) a day could receive:
- A free water audit;
- $3,000 one-time program incentive (10,000 L x $.30);
- $14,868 annual water bill savings (10 m3 x 365 x $4.0735, current water rate).