No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Eco-Roof Incentive Program provides grants to support the installation of green roofs and cool roofs on Toronto homes and buildings.
Green roofs and cool roofs – known collectively as ‘eco-roofs’ – help make Toronto more resilient and better adapted to climate change. A cool roof or white roof is a roofing system with an exterior surface the reflects the sun’s rays and reduces heat build-up from the sun’s thermal energy.
Comments on Funding:
Cool Roof Incentives:
- 1$5 / m2 for a cool roof with a new membrane;
- 2$2 / m2 for a cool roof coating over an existing roof.
When It Ends:
Applicants must own:
Applicants must submit the completed application form.
The Program is undertaken annually and applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis, subject to funding availability.
Applicants will be informed of whether or not they have been approved for funding within six (6) weeks of submitting an application.
Applications must be approved prior to commencing any work on the roof. Projects that have started, or are complete, may not be eligible for funding.
Applicants must submit:
- 1the completed and compliant Eco-Roof application form.
- 2detailed plans of the proposal showing percentage coverage, cool roof materials and manufacturer documentation and construction details;
- 3a five(5) year maintenance plan and contract or equivalent assurance including: