Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $1,000.
The Program is undertaken annually and applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis, subject to funding availability.
Applicants must submit:
- the completed and compliant Eco-Roof application form;
- detailed plans of the proposal showing percentage coverage, plant material and type of growing medium and construction details;
- a copy of the maintenance plan as required in the Toronto Green Roof Construction Standard;
- detailed construction drawings/roof plan;
- 5-year maintenance contract or equivalent assurance;
- current photo of existing roof;
- a copy of the structural assessment report that evaluates the ability of a building to hold the weight of a green roof that meets the requirements of the Green Roof Construction Standards;
- a copy of the paid invoice for the structural assessment.
These two supporting documents (7 and 8) must be submitted with Eco-Roof Incentive Program application before the green roof is installed.
If the structural engineer determines that the building cannot support the additional load of a green roof, the applicant is not required to install a green roof, but is still eligible for SAG funding.