City of Windsor – Brownfields Rehabilitation Grant Program
The Brownfields Rehabilitation Grant Program provides funding to help pay for remediation costs not fully disbursed by the Brownfields Tax Assistance program and non-environmental rehabilitation costs normally associated with brownfield site redevelopment.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is an annual grant equal to 70% of the City property tax increase for up to ten (10) years.
The annual grant amount increases to 100% of the City property tax increase for any building project that achieves certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Program.
If a building(s) erected on a property participating in this program is demolished before the grant period expires, the remainder of the monies to be paid out under the grant shall be forfeited.
arrange a pre-application meeting with staff in order to determine program eligibility, proposed scope of work, project timing, etc;
complete and submit an application form. Ensure that all required signatures have been provided and that the application is accompanied by all required documentation as shown in the required documents list.
All applicants participating in this program will be required to enter into an agreement with the City which will specify the terms of the grant.
All Rehabilitation Grant Program applications and agreements must be approved by City Council or City Council’s designate.
Applicants must submit:
- all environmental studies (Phase I ESA, Phase II ESA, Designated Substances and Hazardous Materials Survey, Remedial Action Plan (RAP), Risk Assessment;
- detailed work plan and cost estimate prepared by a qualified person (as defined by the Environmental Protection Act and Ontario Regulation 153/04) for all eligible environmental remediation and risk assessment/risk management works (if not already included in the above environmental studies);
- a cost estimate prepared by a bona fide LEED certification specialist for all eligible LEED program component costs;
- a cost estimate prepared by a bona fide contractor for all rehabilitation/redevelopment costs;
- a set of detailed architectural/design and/or construction drawings.
Other Things To Note:
- No deadlines found. For further information on this program, please contact Greg Atkinson, Senior Planner, Planning Department at (519) 255-6543 ext 6582 or via e-mail at email@example.com .
- This program is part of the Brownfield Redevelopment Community Improvement Plan.
3.The owner of a brownfield may be a person, company, or organization, or the municipal, provincial or federal government. Besides, buying a brownfield and rehabilitating it might be of interest entrepreneurs.
When It Ends: