Type of Program:
The Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) Grant Program covers a portion of the cost of a Phase 2 ESA including Designated Substances and Hazardous Material Survey, Remedial Work Plan and a Risk Assessment.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is 50% of the cost of an eligible environmental study to a maximum grant of:
- 1$15,000 per study;
- 2two studies per property/project;
- 3$25,000 per property/project.
When It Ends:
Applications will be accepted only for properties where there is the potential for remediation and rehabilitation/redevelopment.
submit an application prior to the start of any environmental study to which the grant will apply;
provide written consent from the owner of the property to make the application and conduct the study, if the applicant is not the owner of the property;
complete and submit to the City for review a Phase I ESA that demonstrates that site contamination is likely.
All environmental studies shall be completed by a “qualified person” as defined by Ontario Regulation 153/04. All completed environmental studies must comply with the description of the studies as provided in the grant application form.
Applications will include:
- 1a detailed study work plan;
- 2a cost estimate for the study; and,
- 3a description of the planned redevelopment, including any planning applications that have been submitted/approved.
One (1) electronic and one (1) hard copy of the study findings shall be supplied to the City for review.
Other Things to Note:
- 1No deadlines found. For further information on this program, please contact Greg Atkinson, Senior Planner, Planning Department at (519) 255-6543 ext 6582 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 2This program is part of the Brownfield Redevelopment Community Improvement Plan.
- 3The owner of a brownfield may be a person, company, or organization, or the municipal, provincial or federal government. Besides, buying a brownfield and rehabilitating it might be of interest entrepreneurs.