Waubetek Community Economic Grants (CEG) (2022)
Community Economic Grants (CEG)- through the Aboriginal Economic Development fund, Waubetek provides up to $10,000 towards economic capacity-building projects for Aboriginal communities and First Nation owned organizations for initiatives located within North-East Ontario.
The main purpose of the Community Economic Grant is for small scale community economic development initiatives and economic capacity building in Aboriginal communities/organizations to assist with sector development (i.e. mining, tourism, manufacturing, fisheries, etc.) and activities that increase revenues for businesses in those communities such as major tourism events.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $10,000.
Applicants must be:
Applicants must submit the application and the supported documentation online.
The applicant must provide:
- a government ID (driver’s license, health card,) etc, or, if corporation, copies of their incorporation documents, by-laws, and confirmation of signing authorities;
- documentation of Aboriginal Ancestry; Proof of Aboriginal heritage is required through one of the following:
- First Nation registered members must provide a copy of their Certificate of Indian Status card issued by First Nation/Government of Canada (may follow-up with First Nation to confirm).
- Applicants of Inuit ancestry will provide a letter of confirmation from the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami.
- Non-Status Indians must provide a birth certificate proving a genealogical link to a First Nation registered member.
- Metis citizens must apply to the Metis Voyageur Development Fund for financial assistance.
- a resume;
- a summary of its project;
- its Cash Equity Confirmation & Documentation.
- a full consulting proposal/marketing plan/business plan/business valuation once the client eligibility is established. Information on an appropriate structure for preparing a business plan will be provided.
When It Ends: