No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
Funding under the Marketing component can be used to support a range of activities in the marketing and promotion of a qualifying album. FACTOR-funded full-length sound recordings are qualifying albums.
All Comprehensive Artist applications must include the creation or (for record label applicants) the licensing of a new, previously unreleased qualifying album.
Comments on Funding:
Funding under this component is at up to 75% of the total eligible budget of the Comprehensive Artist application. Funding under this program is divided into two phases. In Phase 1, the maximum available funding is $82,500.
In Phase 2, you may receive an additional $40,000, provided that the funded sound recording has met the qualifying threshold (unit sales, streams, and radio activity) for the genre. Note that Phase 2 funding must be applied for within the later of two years from the original submission date or six months after the commercial release of the sound recording.
Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
When It Ends:
Create and submit on Factor online system: a User Profile ((log-in data), an Applicant Profile (data of the person or the company who will be legally and financially responsible for the funded project) and an Artist Profile (something very similar to a CV, information on the artist and his work). No Application will be considered until the Artist Profile or Applicant Profile has been verified and given a Rating. Applicants are advised to ensure that the Artist Profile(s) and Applicant Profile have been created, submitted, and given a Rating well in advance of any deadline.
Applicants must submit:
- 1a budget and/or complete project details online each time applicants apply for a component of their project, and to describe the goals, expected results, and timelines for completing each component and the project as a whole.
- 2a detailed marketing plan for the proposed sound when applying for marketing support.
- 3All applications must include the Sound Recording component. Applicants may apply for any other component funding at the same time as the Sound Recording, or after the sound recording is approved.
- 4Multiple, repeat repeat component applications are possible as appropriate for the project’s timeline, subject to the program or annual limits.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Applicants are obligated as a condition of funding to include the appropriate logos and acknowledgment in all materials created in a FACTOR-funded project. Please review the Logo and Acknowledgment Guide for specific instructions. Remember, the failure to provide appropriate logos and acknowledgment could result in a loss of some or all your funding.
- 2In 2021 the program guidelines for 2021-2022 were released in May 2021.