Comments on Funding:
Funding under this program is divided into two phases:
1. For the first phase of the project, funding is up to 50% of the eligible budget components, as detailed in the guidelines, to a maximum of $82,500.
2. For the second phase of the project the applicant may receive an additional funding of up to $40,000, provided that the funded sound recording has met the qualifying threshold (unit sales, streams, and radio activity) for the genre.
Under the Sound Recording component applicants may request recording costs or licensing costs. If the request is for a license fee, licensing fees will be capped at $60,000/FACTOR contribution of $45,000.
Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
- create a user profile on the FACTOR application platform;
- create an applicant profile (of the individual, partnership, or corporation that will enter into a general agreement with FACTOR if funding is offered);
- create an artist profile (an artist profile provides FACTOR with a snapshot of the artist’s music career thus far. This helps FACTOR determine artist profile ratings and program eligibility);
- create a project and choose the project components;
- fill and validate the application.
Applicants must submit:
Other Things to Note:
- Applicants are obligated as a condition of funding to include the appropriate logos and acknowledgment in all materials created in a FACTOR-funded project. Please review the Logo and Acknowledgment Guide for specific instructions. Remember, the failure to provide appropriate logos and acknowledgment could result in a loss of some or all your funding.
- In 2022 the program guidelines for 2022-2023 were published April 2022.