No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
The Marketing component funding supports a range of activities in the marketing and promotion of a qualifying album. FACTOR-funded full-length sound recordings are qualifying albums.
Comments on Funding:
Funding under this component is at up to 75% of total eligible budget. Funding under the MPN program is a grant of up to $20,000, plus up to $5,000 in the Radio Marketing component.
Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
When It Ends:
Non-Canadian music companies, including major labels, are not eligible to apply.
Before you can apply, you must have a reviewed and rated Applicant Profile in the FACTOR system, and access to the reviewed and rated Artist Profile in the FACTOR system. Please go to the How to Apply page on the FACTOR website for instructions on creating and sharing profiles, followed by how to submit an application.
- 1Applicants must submit a detailed budget on application. FACTOR will remove ineligible costs from the budget, and the FACTOR contribution may be reduced accordingly.
- 2Applicants must compile and organize all invoices, receipts and proofs of payment; then enter the amounts being claimed into the FACTOR Cost Report, which can be downloaded from the Budget page of the Completion. Applicants must upload the Cost Report and all related expense documentation, then complete and submit all other sections of the Completion (including Budget, Results, Component Information, Public Funding).
- 3Applicants who prefer to have FACTOR pay certain suppliers directly may submit up to three Letters of Direction.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Logo and Acknowledgment Requirements: all recipients of funding from this component must acknowledge FACTOR on all physical and digital materials, all press releases and promotional material funded by this component, and on the artist’s website. See FACTOR’s Logo and Acknowledgment Guide.
- 2Program guidelines for 2021-2022 were published in May 2021.