No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
Video component funding is intended to pay for the cost of producing high-quality music videos and visual content that supports sound recordings by Canadian artists, such as hiring a producer, videographer, video editor, production personnel and talent, rental equipment and facilities, and post-production.
Comments on Funding:
Funding under this component is at up to 75% of total eligible budget. Funding under the MPN program is a grant of up to $20,000, plus up to $5,000 in the Radio Marketing component.
The funding limits for the Video component are as follows:
FACTOR funding under the Video component for all programs is up to 75% of the total eligible budget.
Recipient Accessibility Support Fund: FACTOR grant recipients are eligible for top-up support to their project funding of up to $5,000 each fiscal year, not to exceed $5,000 per project for costs related to accessibility. Eligible costs claimed under this fund will be reimbursed at 100%.
When It Ends:
Non-Canadian music companies, including major labels, are not eligible to apply.
Before you can apply, you must have a reviewed and rated Applicant Profile in the FACTOR system, and access to the reviewed and rated Artist Profile in the FACTOR system. Please go to the How to Apply page on the FACTOR website for instructions on creating and sharing profiles, followed by how to submit an application.
Applicants must submit:
- 1a production plan and video treatment that outlines the creative direction of the video content, including notes on script, action, “look and feel”, and so on, where applicable.
- 2a detailed budget on application. FACTOR will remove ineligible costs from the budget, and the FACTOR contribution may be reduced accordingly. Please consult the Business Policies: Eligible Costs – General Terms.
- 3compile and organize all invoices, receipts and proofs of payment; then enter the amounts being claimed into the FACTOR Cost Report, which can be downloaded from the Budget page of the Completion. Applicants must upload the Cost Report and all related expense documentation, then complete and submit all other sections of the Completion (including Budget, Results, Component Information and Public Funding).
- 4submit (In addition to the program Completion requirements) to complete the Video component:
- 5submit up to three Letters of Direction, if they prefer to have FACTOR pay certain suppliers directly.
Other Things to Note:
Program guidelines for 2021-2022 were published in May 2021.