No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
Grant & Loan
The Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative (ARRI) will help the Canadian aerospace sector emerge from the pandemic with the capacity to compete on the global stage. The initiative will support small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the following three objectives to:
- 1green their operations and adopt environmentally sustainable practices;
- 2improve productivity;
- 3strengthen commercialization while furthering integration into regional and global supply chains.
Comments on Funding:
Contributions to SMEs are generally repayable or conditionally repayable.
Contributions to not-for-profits are generally non-repayable.
Certain costs may be eligible on a retroactive basis up to 12 months before the receipt of a project application, but no earlier than April 19, 2021.
Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs) may contribute up to 100% of eligible project costs for projects with Indigenous clients.
When It Ends:
Applicants must be businesses in the aerospace industry, as well as the organizations that support them, including:
Indigenous businesses and organizations are invited to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to contact FedDev Ontario at 1-866-593-5505 to discuss their application and other government programs that may be applicable to their project.
Applicants must submit an application for funding providing FedDev Ontario with a detailed description of a proposed project, what an applicant hopes to achieve by undertaking a project, and how the proposed project will align with the program eligibility criteria.
Once the application package is received, a confirmation message will be displayed on the applicant's screen: "Your application has been successfully submitted to FedDev Ontario."
Applicants must save and print a copy of the application package and the confirmation message for their records.
Applicants must submit:
- 1a completed application form. The same form is used for applicants applying to either the Jobs and Growth Fund or the Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative. Each program has a separate Supplemental Annex for applicants to address program-specific information requirements.
- 2historical financial statements for the last two (2) fiscal years and the most recent interim financial statement;
- 3organization's articles of incorporation, and/or Partnership Agreement, Letters Patent, and all other required supporting documentation.
Other Things to Note:
- 1With a total budget of $250 million over three years (until March 31, 2024), this initiative is being delivered by Canada's regional development agencies (RDAs). It complements support for the aerospace industry provided through Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan and by Industry, Science and Economic Development (ISED) through the Strategic Innovation Fund.
- 2FedDev Ontario is now accepting applications on an ongoing basis until funding is fully committed.