Comments on Funding:
Contributions to SMEs are generally repayable or conditionally repayable.
Contributions to not-for-profits are generally non-repayable.
Certain costs may be eligible on a retroactive basis up to 12 months before the receipt of a project application, but no earlier than April 19, 2021.
Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs) may contribute up to 100% of eligible project costs for projects with Indigenous clients.
Applicants must be businesses in the aerospace industry, as well as the organizations that support them, including:
Indigenous businesses and organizations are invited to apply.
Applicants must submit:
- a completed application form. The same form is used for applicants applying to either the Jobs and Growth Fund or the Aerospace Regional Recovery Initiative. Each program has a separate Supplemental Annex for applicants to address program-specific information requirements.
- historical financial statements for the last two (2) fiscal years and the most recent interim financial statement;
- organization’s articles of incorporation, and/or Partnership Agreement, Letters Patent, and all other required supporting documentation.
Other Things to Note:
- With a total budget of $250 million over three years (until March 31, 2024), this initiative is being delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs). It complements support for the aerospace industry provided through Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan and by Industry, Science and Economic Development (ISED) through the Strategic Innovation Fund.
- FedDev Ontario is now accepting applications on an ongoing basis until funding is fully committed.