No Fixed Amount
Type of Program:
Grant & Loan
Recognizing the profound impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the air transportation sector, the Government of Canada introduced the Regional Air Transportation Initiative (RATI) to help businesses and organizations in regional air transportation ecosystems to remain operational through these difficult times and continue to support the economic growth of our regions.
Comments on Funding:
Types of support:
- 1contributions to not-for-profit organizations are generally non-repayable;
- 2contributions to for-profit organizations and businesses are generally repayable or conditionally repayable, including a portion that could become non-repayable; and
- 3contributions to Indigenous clients could be non-repayable.
No details about the funding amount found.
When It Ends:
March 31, 2022
Applicants are invited to contact FedDev Ontario by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-866-593-5505 to discuss the program and their eligibility. Eligible applicants will then be sent an application form for completion.
Please note that applications submitted by April 30, 2021, will be prioritized.
Other Things to Note:
- 1The Regional Air Transportation Initiative (RATI) is a $206-million program that will provide support over two years to eligible regional businesses and airports that directly contribute to regional air transportation.
RATI is being delivered by Canada's regional development agencies (RDA): ACOA for businesses in Atlantic Canada, Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) for businesses in southern Ontario, Federal Economic Development Agency for Northern Ontario (FedNor) for businesses in northern Ontario, etc.
- 2FedDev Ontario will be delivering $24.2 million in southern Ontario.
- 3The initiative will end on March 31, 2022.