Comments on Funding:
Contributions to businesses will be either:
- be non-repayable contributions up to $100,000 for up to 50% of eligible costs; or
- fully repayable contributions up to $500,000 for up to 75% of eligible costs.
Not-for-profit organizations and Indigenous entities (not generating profits) will be eligible for non-repayable contributions. Project contribution amounts would not exceed $500,000. The actual contribution amount will be based on the minimum amount required to carry out the project.
A business cannot receive a combination of a non-repayable and a repayable contribution for the same project. Under the fund, a minimum of $50 million will specifically support Indigenous tourism initiatives.
- not-for-profit organizations, such as tourism associations; and
- band councils or other Indigenous organizations and cooperatives.
- be a key supplier or operator in the visitor experience;
- be part of a defined tourism cluster or a tourism dependent community, including supporting downtown cores; or
- provide an anchor product or service in a tourism destination.
Eligible applicants must be part of the tourism ecosystem and will include tourism entities that cater mainly to visitors. Eligible applicants include:
attach the supporting documentation. The total size of all supplementary materials cannot exceed 100MB.
submit the application. Once the application package is received, a confirmation message will be displayed on the applicant’s screen: “Your application has been successfully submitted to FedDev Ontario.”
Applicants are encouraged to contact FedDev Ontario electronically or by phone at 1-866-593-5505 if they have any questions regarding the Application for Funding.
Applicants must submit:
- historical financial statements for the last two fiscal years either in the form of an Audit, Review Engagement or Notice to Reader. Note: audited or reviewed statements are preferred. Internally-prepared financial statements may be accepted. At a minimum, this should include a balance sheet, income statement (including a breakdown of costs), and statement of cash flow; and
- Incorporation documents, and/or Partnership Agreement, Letters Patent or other relevant documentation.
- other attachments relevant to the project and that complement answers provided in the Application for Funding. These may include a project plan, detailed budgets, copies of relevant permits/licenses, evidence of support from the community, supplier quotes, and other relevant documents.