Comments on Funding:
- Contributions to SMEs are generally repayable or conditionally repayable.
- Contributions to not-for-profits are generally non-repayable.
- Certain costs may be eligible on a retroactive basis up to 12 months before the receipt of a project application, but no earlier than April 19, 2021.
- Contributions for projects with Indigenous clients are up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Applicants must be:
- green their operations and adopt environmentally sustainable practices;
- improve productivity;
- strengthen commercialization while furthering integration into regional and global supply chains.
Indigenous businesses and organizations are invited to apply.
Applications can be completed and submitted electronically, or printed and sent to the nearest FedNor office. Applicants are encouraged to contact FedNor if they have any questions regarding the Application for Financial Assistance.
The results of the Application review will be communicated to applicants electronically or in writing.
Upon initial review of the Phase One Application for Financial Assistance, applicants will be invited to submit a Phase Two Detailed Application, Annex and provide supporting documentation.
Other Things to Note:
With a total budget of $250 million over three years (until March 31, 2024), this initiative is being delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs). It complements support for the aerospace industry provided through Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan and by Industry, Science and Economic Development (ISED) through the Strategic Innovation Fund.