Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to 75% of the project eligible project costs (maximum of $1.0 million per year). The remaining 25% or more of the project’s funding can be made up of a combination of non-DFO sources but must include a minimum of 10% cash commitment by the applicant.
Applicants must be:
contact their regional program coordinator by email to either get answers to any questions you may have or to submit the completed application form (step 1),
For complete project applications, a decision on funding will be provided within 90 business days of the receipt of the application and all required documentation supporting your proposal.
Applicants must submit:
Other Things to Note:
- FACTAP is a national contribution program. It’s investing $30 million over 6 years (2017 to 2023) to assist Canada’s fisheries and aquaculture industries in improving their environmental performance.
- Technology Readiness Levels:
- TRL 7 – Prototype requiring real-world field testing;
- TRL 8 – Technology proven to work in a real-world operating environment;
- TRL 9 – Technology/system proven in final form – commercialization ready.