Type of Program:
The Adoption Stream will support the purchase and installation of commercially available clean technologies and processes with a priority given to those that show evidence of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and other environmental co-benefits.
Eligible activities under the Adoption Stream are of the following nature and type:
- 11Green energy and energy efficiency,
- 2Precision agriculture,
- 3Bioeconomy solutions.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is a non-repayable contribution of up to $2 million per project.
The Adoption Stream will focus its support on projects valued at $50,000 or more of total eligible project costs.
The maximum amount payable to a recipient with multiple projects will generally not exceed $5 million.
Eligible project costs will normally be shared as follows:
- 1a maximum contribution of 50% from the program and a minimum contribution of 50% from the applicant for the Adoption Stream (For-profit);
- 2a maximum contribution of 75% from the program and a minimum contribution of 25% from the applicant for the Adoption Stream (Not-for-profit).
- 3The program may provide a more favorable cost-share ratio (60:40) where the majority of the business (more than 50%) is owned or led by one or more under-represented groups.
Under-represented groups include:
Women, Youth, aged 35 or under, Indigenous groups, Visible minorities, and Persons with disabilities.
The maximum level of total government funding (federal, provincial/territorial, and municipal funding) will generally not exceed 75% of eligible costs per project.
When It Ends:
March 31, 2022
complete a Project Summary form and send it by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This form will help to determine their project’s eligibility and alignment with program criteria and priorities prior to preparing a full application. It will also facilitate a discussion between applicants and program staff about the project.
complete a Project Application form, if invited to. Program staff would provide the form and instructions.
Project application packages will require submission of the following documents:
- 1Project Application form with Work plan and Budget;
- 2Applicant Authorized Representative(s) Form;
- 3Certificate of Incorporation or Articles of Incorporation;
- 4Financial statements (audited or review engagement) for the past 2 years or since the date of organization start-up. Statements must include an income statement, a balance sheet, and a cash flow.
- 5Copies of all financing agreements related to the project financing plan, including: documentation that provide financial proof of funds (that is term sheets), confirmation of debt or equity closing and funds availability, bank statements (to verify cash availability), term sheets, and/or attestation from corporate officers of funds availability (can include letters).
- 6Quotes, estimates and contracts supporting the costs of the project budget provided by suppliers for all construction, renovations or equipment and technology to be purchased and installed.
- 7Diagram of the applicant’s organizational structure;
- 8Organizational chart;
- 9Performance Measures Table with estimated targets of GHG emissions reductions and dates of project results to achieve.
Other Things to Note:
- 1Due to high demand, as of August 1, 2021 the Agricultural Clean Technology Program – Adoption Stream will continue to accept Project Summary Forms but only for funding activities starting as of April 1, 2022. The Project Summary Forms will be kept on file and reviewed at a later date following the commitment of funds up to March 31, 2022.
- 2The Project Summary form (PDF) will be accepted by email at email@example.com, starting June 2021, on a continuous basis until funding has been fully committed or otherwise announced by the program.