Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $1,000 ($900 after taxes withheld) for a 2-week period and applicants may apply for a maximum of 13 periods.
Applicants must meet all the following conditions for the 2-week period they are applying for:
Employee applicants might be asked to provide:
- recent pay slips;
- employment verification letter, including salary, if accessible online;
- record of Employment;
- bank statements showing name, address, and payroll deposit.
Self-employed applicants might be asked to provide:
- invoice for services rendered that includes: the service date, who the service was for, the name of the individual or company;
- receipt of payment for the service or services provided (a statement of account or bill of sale showing a payment and the remaining balance owed);
- documents showing income earned from a “trade or business” as a sole proprietor, an independent contractor, or a partnership;
- any other document that will confirm they earned $5,000 in employment or self employment income.
Applicants that receive provincial or federal benefits related to maternity or parental leave, might be asked to provide:
- statement of benefits;
- bank statements showing, name, address, and benefit deposit.
Other Things to Note:
The CRB closed to retroactive applications on December 23, 2021. You can no longer apply for this benefit.