Comments on Funding:
Funding is $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for a 1-week period. The maximum number of weeks you can apply for also increases to 6 weeks. Applicants can apply retroactively for periods 61 to 63 until February 16, 2022.
Applicants must meet all the following conditions for the 1-week period they are applying for:
- their school, daycare, day program, or care facility is closed or unavailable to them due to COVID-19;
- their regular care services are unavailable due to COVID-19;
- the person under their care is: i) sick with COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, ii) at risk of serious health complications if they get COVID-19, iii) as advised by a medical professional or self-isolating due to COVID-19.
Employee applicants might be asked to provide:
- recent pay slips;
- employment verification letter, including salary, if accessible online;
- record of Employment;
- bank statements showing name, address, and payroll deposit.
Self-employed applicants might be asked to provide:
- invoice for services rendered that includes: the service date, who the service was for, and the name of the individual or company;
- receipt of payment for services provided (a statement of account or bill of sale showing a payment and the remaining balance owed);
- documents showing income earned from a “trade or business” as a sole proprietor, an independent contractor, or a partnership;
- any other document that will confirm they earned $5,000 in employment or self employment income.
Applicants that receive provincial or federal benefits related to maternity or parental leave, might be asked to provide:
- statement of benefits;
- bank statements showing, name, address, and benefit deposit.
Other Things to Note:
CRCB extends to May 7, 2022.