Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $70,000 for:
- new construction, renovation and/or retrofit activities that will increase accessibility and expand access to ELCC centres in Canadian communities; and/or
- accessible information and communication technologies.
ESDC will fund 100% of eligible project costs up to $70,000.
The ELCC call for proposals (CFP) will provide up to $25,000,000 in funding over 2 years ($12,500,000 in fiscal year 2021 to 2022, and $12,500,000 in fiscal year 2022 to 2023).
Applicants must be a regulated and/or licensed child care organization, including:
receive an automatic confirmation of receipt after they send their application by email. Please retain the email in case you encounter technical difficulties.
Applicants must submit a complete application package including:
- a completed Application for Funding (EMP 5684) (electronically or by hand). Print and sign the signature pages;
- an electronically completed calculator (EMP 5678) for all activities (flat rate and non-flat rate);
- a digital picture of the early learning and child care centre or facility to improve (except for ICT projects);
- for non-flat rate projects, applicants will need to provide 1 external cost estimate (quote) or a valid rationale explaining why a quote could not be obtained. Details on how applicants arrived at this estimated cost must be provided.
Other Things to Note:
- One can apply between December 3, 2021 to January 28, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) will communicate decisions to applicants between January 2022 and March 2022.