Type of Program:
The Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) small projects component of the Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF) aims to improve accessibility and safety in regulated and/or licensed ELCC centres. This program provides funding to regulated and/or licensed child care organizations for projects that expand access to registered and/or licensed ELCC facilities in Canadian communities by improving accessibility and safety for persons with disabilities.
Comments on Funding:
Funding is up to $70,000 for:
- 1new construction, renovation and/or retrofit activities that will increase accessibility and expand access to ELCC centres in Canadian communities; and/or
- 2accessible information and communication technologies.
ESDC will fund 100% of eligible project costs up to $70,000.
The ELCC call for proposals (CFP) will provide up to $25,000,000 in funding over 2 years ($12,500,000 in fiscal year 2021 to 2022, and $12,500,000 in fiscal year 2022 to 2023).
When It Ends:
Applicants must be a regulated and/or licensed child care organization, including:
Gather your supporting documents and information;
Apply by email at ESDC.ELCC.EAF-FA.AGJE.EDSC@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca or by mail.
receive an automatic confirmation of receipt after they send their application by email. Please retain the email in case you encounter technical difficulties.
be notified of the outcome of the review of their application within 16 weeks from the end date of the submission period.
Applicants must submit a complete application package including:
- 1a completed Application for Funding (EMP 5684) (electronically or by hand). Print and sign the signature pages;
- 2an electronically completed calculator (EMP 5678) for all activities (flat rate and non-flat rate);
- 3a digital picture of the early learning and child care centre or facility to improve (except for ICT projects);
- 4for non-flat rate projects, applicants will need to provide 1 external cost estimate (quote) or a valid rationale explaining why a quote could not be obtained. Details on how applicants arrived at this estimated cost must be provided.
Other Things to Note:
- 1One can apply between December 3, 2021 to January 28, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- 2Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) will communicate decisions to applicants between January 2022 and March 2022.