Comments on Funding:
Funding is a grant that will cover 90% of the cost to develop the digital plan, up to $15,000.
To support the implementation of the plan, the SME will be able to apply for a zero-interest loan from the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) (up to $100,000) as well as a wage subsidy up to $7,300 for a youth placement.
Applicants must attest and certify that they meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
The following are considered ineligible:
Applicants may only submit one grant application form per company.
must submit their completed grant applications through the CDAP website. Applications submitted in an alternate format will not be accepted. Applicants should contact the CDAP program through the Contact CDAP webpage or firstname.lastname@example.org if they have technical difficulties accessing or using the web-based system.
must complete the free Digital Needs Assessment (DNA) survey as part of the application process. The DNA is a comprehensive analysis of a business’ digital maturity against a global industry-specific set of benchmarks and will help applicants understand their digital capabilities and maturity.
must attest to meeting all of the eligibility criteria identified in section 1.2. The program will endeavor to confirm eligibility within five (5) but no later than ten (10) business days.
will have up to six (6) months to accept the terms of the CDAP Grant Agreement upon confirmation of eligibility. Should the applicant not accept the terms of the Grant Agreement within six (6) months, a new eligibility validation will need to be performed.
must pick a digital advisor from the Digital Advisor Marketplace system they will have access to upon accepting the terms of the Grant Agreement.
enter in a contractual agreement with the Digital Advisor to deliver a Digital Adoption Plan in accordance with the program’s requirements identified in the CDAP digital adoption plan guide.
will have up to 9 months to submit a Digital Adoption Plan and invoice from a listed advisor in order to receive a Boost Your Business Technology grant.
Although pre-selected by ISED, Digital Advisors are not agents, partners, or employees of ISED. ISED does not warrant the quality of the services provided by such Advisors and is not responsible for any losses or damages, which may result from using the services of an Advisor. Any disputes must be resolved between the applicant and the Digital Advisor.
The applicant is entirely responsible for ensuring full payment of invoices for services rendered by any Digital Advisor.
- submit their completed application including the following information: Username, User email address, Business Number, Legal name of business, Operating name of business, Canadian address of the applicant business.
- complete the free Digital Needs Assessment (DNA) survey as part of the application process.
- attest to meeting all of the eligibility criteria identified in section 1.2.
- submit a Digital Adoption Plan and invoice from a listed advisor in order to receive a Boost Your Business Technology grant.
Other Things to Note:
Contradictory information on the website:
- Stream 2: Boost your Business Technology is not yet open for applications but be the first to know by subscribing for updates.
- Digital Advisors that SMEs can hire to develop a digital transformation plan for their business — Now open for applications! The apply tab is not yet active.